Königsallee Dusseldorf: The Königsallee used to be called Kastanienallee; because a Prussian king left Düsseldorf insulted after being thrown at with horse apples, the street was renamed Königsallee in his honour. Meanwhile there are several shops on the Königsallee, which have very moderate prices. This applies in particular to some textile chains.
As part of the construction work for the Wehrhahn line, the Corneliusplatz square at the beginning of Königsallee with the Cornelius Fountain was converted into a storage site for construction machinery, and the time was used to restore the fountain. This beautiful place lost all its charm over a period of eight years until it was recently reopened. The square is named after Peter von Cornelius (1783-1867), the first director of the Düsseldorf Art Academy (1819-1824). The neo-baroque fountain with nudes of mythical figures was designed by Leo Müsch (1846-1911), who was also a member of the Malkasten founded in 1848. The small so-called ornamental square was built according to the plans of municipal gardener Heinrich Hillebrecht from Düsseldorf (1846-1918). The Triton Fountain at the northern end of the Kögraben was built by Friedrich Coubillier (1869-1953).
At the rear end on the right, the rather young Köbogen by architect Libeskind has been completed, it replaces a completely secular bus stop.