Dusseldorf Local Court (former)
Building of Dusseldorf Local Court (former): The main portal and entrance area of the former Dusseldorf Local and District Court on Mühlenstraße is well worth seeing. Construction of the Dusseldorf District Court, founded in 1879, began in 1913, and the plans for the building project were greatly enlarged in 1915. Built in the neo-baroque style, 1913 – 1923, architect Felix Dechant. The enormous entrance portal is supported on six columns several meters high and over man thick with Ionic capitals. The building is located in the immediate vicinity of the Burgplatz and the Schlossturm, respectively, in the immediate vicinity of the K20 art museum, the Andreaschurch and the Kunsthalle at Grabbeplatz 4. The Hofgarten, the opera, the Kunstakademie and the old town are in the immediate vicinity.
Today, the new district and county court is located in a postmodern new building near Oberbilker Markt. The building, which has now become accessible for civilian purposes, also has gastronomic offerings as the so-called Andreas Quarter, and parts of the property can be used for art exhibitions. The former district court on Mühlenstrasse in Dusseldorf has been redesigned in recent years and now serves primarily as a residential building. The remodeling of the building was challenging because it is a historic building that is a listed building. To accomplish the remodel, the building’s architecture and historic features had to be preserved. The transformation began with a thorough overhaul of the building, including the removal of damage and defects.
Inside the building, luxurious apartments in the highest price segment were installed. The building also has common areas, these areas were designed to provide a pleasant atmosphere for residents and the opportunity to meet and relax with other residents. Overall, the transformation of the former district court on Mühlenstrasse in Dusseldorf was a successful project. The building now offers modern living comfort while preserving the building’s historic character and architecture. The building’s residents appreciate the modern amenities and common areas and feel comfortable in their apartments.
Dusseldorf Local Court (former), now Andreas Quarter, Mühlenstr. 34, 40213 Dusseldorf.
To see the image caption in English click on the circular infopictogram on the right below the enlarged photo.